The new font

Home Forum Requests The new font

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by avatar kwoxer 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Aterion

I’m really upset right now.

The new Font in 7.0.0.1 is REALLY bad. Who though that using some pseudo-futuristic font was a good idea?

PLEASE give us an option to use the old design again. White text on black is usually a bad thing, as it’s harder to read IMO, but this font is just, I can’t find words for this. You can’t even properly read this. This is not a science-fiction game in Matrix-style, this the god damn option tab of a tool. That doesn’t have to look futuristic, it has to be easy to read and use.

TL,DR: The new design is hard to read, bad and doesn’t fit, please give an option to use the old design again.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by avatar Aterion.
    kwoxer

Hey, not good to hear that. Well I just can say that the LJTD team was looking for a small Font and this was the best of them. Sur some letters can be read a little bit harder than before. E.G. “S” and “5” look the same way.

But overall the font is great. It’s small and if you want you can read all. In-game the new font looks damn good. We also tested black on white in the Settings but I can tell you that it was really ugly that way around. We also had several testers that said the recent font and black background looks the best.

I feel really sorry that you dislike the change, but I hope you understand that this tool shall be a pleasure for a big amount of users.

If you want to change the background, you actually can do that. But if I create a fallback for some users like you, it won’t work. You know, the new font can show very many letters on small space. It’s like 50% more or something like that.

You still can use the 6.3 Version. Here you can find the Download http://ljtd.eu/go/Version-6.3.0.0/

PS: Can you especially say what you cant read. Maybe I can still change it to a way you like more. Btw you can also edit the tab picture if you wish to.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by avatar kwoxer.
    Aterion

What’s the point of some futuristic font? Why not use the standart arial font that EVERY application out there uses? My browser, my gaming app, League client, everything. It looks bad, the letters are too close to each other, are very tiny and it’s hard to notice the differences between some letters.

There is a reason every app in this world is in arial black letters on white background: because it works fine and you can read it.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by avatar Aterion.
    kwoxer

Well again really sorry that you dislike the redesign. We didn’t change the look and feel to scare you away, I can say. It was my personal decision to choose this set compared to the feedback from a small group of tester. Sure this were not hundreds of users but this is what the majority wanted to have.

WEll the point was that a smal font was needed. If you know another one which has this level, tell it to me, I will try it out. Yeah LJTD has many features and they have to be shown in the Settings. That’s the point. I didn’t want to make the Settings even bigger than it already is at this state.

The point with black and white. Sure most applications go black text on white background. But we tested that. You can believe me that it wasn’t that good. But enable an optional change should be possible. But this will take some time. Would this applied on the Settings be enough for you?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.